Reader Registration will reopen on Tuesday 8 December
You need to book an appointment to get a new Reader Pass, and if you would like to visit the Reading Rooms the same day you’ll need to book a separate Reading Room ticket.
We will be releasing Reading Room, Reader Registration and public desk tickets from 11.00 on Thursday 3 December for visits between Tuesday 8 December and Saturday 9 January, to give you time to plan your research over the Christmas period.
Lost, forgotten or need to renew your Reader Pass? No problem, find out how to replace it.
- Book your New Reader Pass appointment in St Pancras
- Book your New Reader Pass appointment in Boston Spa
- We can only process a small number of passes at a time at the moment so we can maintain social distancing, so please bear with us if you can’t make an appointment right away. We’ll add more as soon as we can.
- Appointments are free of charge and need to be booked through our Box Office. If you haven’t booked a ticket from the Library before, you will need to register.
- You will need to bring identification documents with you to become a Reader. Find out more about what to bring.
- If you’d like to visit the Reading Rooms the same day you’ll need to book a separate Reading Room ticket. Please note until you become a Reader you will not be able to pre-order collection items to consult, and these cannot be ordered on the day at the moment. Please book your Reader Registration appointment first
- If you will need any assistance during your appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours before.
Once you’ve completed your registration you will receive a Reader Pass, subject to the Library's Conditions of Use.
We’ve made some changes at the Library to keep everyone safe
We’re limiting the numbers in Reader Registration and our Reading Rooms, and have implemented a one-way system throughout the Library to help you keep a safe distance. This may take a little longer but it’s keeping everyone safe, so please follow the signs.
You must wear a face covering at all times, including at your desk in the Reading Rooms. If you’re exempt please let a member of staff know.
Our toilets are open with regular, enhanced cleaning. We’ll be frequently cleaning our spaces, especially high touch points. Please ensure you wash your hands frequently and use our hand sanitisers where available.
Please don’t come to the Library if you feel unwell. If you’re unable to attend your booked appointment please let our customer services team know at email@example.com as they can reallocate your appointment.
We’re really looking forward to welcoming you to the Library.